BYELAWS ENFORCEMENT DIVISION – INFORMATION FOR CDC CORPORATE
PROFILE BROCHURE 2ND EDITION
In terms of the Local Government Act, 2012…section 51 stipulates that ‘there shall be established
A law enforcement office in every council to enforce bye-laws made by the Council and any other
Laws delegated to be enforced by the council.
Other services provided:
1. Issuance of noise nuisance/ advertisement permit within 1 day
2. Address kgotla meetings to disseminate information and educate the public on council byelaws
3. Carry out routine licence inspection
4. Monitoring and supervising private security companies engaged by the council
5. Conducts Auction sale for council to sell absolute stores and matimela
6. Attending to reports within 24 hours.